Lily Aldridge was a smoke show at the annual Metropolitan Museum of Art 2014, Costume Institute Gala last night. She wore a beautiful gunmetal Michael Kors dress that looked absolutely stunning and her makeup was flawless.
Editorial and Celebrity Makeup Artist Quinn Murphy created Lily’s timeless look. With her eye-catching dress, he wanted to create a laid back, undone finish. He said, “It’s very New York City, a super chic cool girl who threw on her dress and jewels and left with a fresh, natural face.” Quinn wanted to enhance the eyes with minimal color, an understated lip and said it was all about Lily’s skin and creating a flawless, dewy complexion.
Quinn reveals how created Lily’s elegant beauty using Sonia Kashuk Collection, available exclusively at Target.
How to Get the Look:
- Begin by applying face oil and let it sink into the skin for 3-5 minutes.
- Follow with Perfecting Vitamin-Rich Primer ($10.89). It’s like a green juice for the skin with nourishing vitamins and it’s perfect to prep the skin for makeup.
- Apply Liquid Light Concealer in Aura ($8.99) sparingly under the eye area.
- Use the pointed side of a damp Blending Sponge ($10.48) for a sheer application of Perfecting Luminous Foundation in Bamboo ($9.99) all over.
- Use the rounded end of the Blending Sponge to dot Undetectable Crème Bronzer in Warm Tan ($10.99) on the edges of the face to give definition without the hard lines of traditional contouring. Apply the Crème Bronzer on the forehead, a little on the bridge of the nose, at the temples, under the cheekbones and along the jawline and blend well.
- Set the face with a dusting of Undetectable Loose Powder ($9.99).
- Lily has amazing b rows! To get a similar look, fill in the inner corners and elongate the outer edges with Brow Definer in Taupe ($5.79) Brush brows up and set them in place with clear Brow Gel ($5.99).
- Curl lashes and line eyes at the lash line, dotting Twist-Up Long Wear Gel Liner in Black Amber in between the top lashes for added definition and to create the illusion of fuller lashes. Smudge the line with product left on your brush, apply to the bottom outer corners of the lash line.
- Using the matte shade from the Monochrome Eye Quad in Textured Taupe ($13.49), enhance the natural contour of the eye to create depth. Apply the white sparkle shade from Eye Shadow Quad in Showstoppers ($13.69) to the center of the eyelid to make it pop.
- 10. Finish the eyes with Lashify Mascara in Black ($6.99) applied to the top and bottom lashes.
- 11. Create a natural flush with Beautifying Blush in Pink ($8.99) applied to the apples of the cheek.
- 12. Enhance the lip so it looks like your lips only better with Velvety Matte Lip Crayon in Nudey Nude ($7.59)
- 13. As a final touch, apply Chic Luminosity Highlighter Stick in Sparkling Sands ($10.9) to the following 9 areas for a beautiful glow: top of cheekbones, bridge of the nose, inner corner of the eyes, under the brow, the Cupid’s bow, tip of the chin, center of the forehead, center of the shoulders and the collarbones.
What did you think of her glitz and glamour look? We think she nailed it!