If you’ve been following my insta stories, you know how addicted I am of Aimee Song’s (Song of Style) raw bars! OH EM GEE they are delicious and a healthy snack too. I make them often, but with a toddler, I can’t be watching her whole YouTube video on it every single time I want to make them. (I love my girl to pieces, but mama is on a time crunch) I just want to know step-by-step what I need and what I need to do, because I have a foggy mommy brain. I’m sure I’m not the only one out there that feels like this, so I decided to put it on a recipe card. Yes, you can thank me later. 😉
- 1 1/2-2 cups rolled oats
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed nuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (you can use more if you want)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt and paper
- Preheat oven to 350 bake (only time you will need to use oven is to make the granola)
- To make the granola you will have to mix dry ingredients- oats, chia, sunflower seeds nuts with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add coconut oil to the granola dry mix and make sure to use your hands for this so that the granola will get coated with the coconut oil.
- Line parchment paper to cookie sheet, evenly spread the granola and bake for 15 minutes or until the granola is golden. At the 7 minute mark, mix and toss around the granola.
- Once it's golden and baked for 15 minutes, take out and cool for few minutes.
- Remove the pits from dates and chop up into smaller pieces.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients (chopped walnuts, oats and dates) with your hands to make the mixture sticky.
- After mixing, add parchment paper to glass baking dish and spread evenly so you can cut into bars. Finish by sprinkling the coconut flakes all over.
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze for 2 hours .
- After 2 hours, take out of freezer and cut them into bars.
- You can individually wrap them in parchment paper or leave them in the baking dish.
Thanks Aimee for this amazing raw bar recipe! (Her insta stories are one of my favorite to watch, btw!) My husband isn’t into healthy foods like this and he’s a fan of it…Check out my new post: The Facial That Celebs Swear By.